Monday, March 28, 2005

Nothing Happens Until Something Moves

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." – Goethe

I love this quote. When I started Write Marketing Group, I located these words on a note card and decided to use the card to announce that I was officially open for business. I included a press release and sent it to all my clients and prospects.

I do quite a bit of reading on a variety of topics, both business and personal, and recently saw the second sentence of this same quote referenced in a book called Action! Nothing Happens Until Something Moves by Robert Ringer.

Robert Ringer’s books have appeared at the top of the New York Times bestseller list and he is one of the most successful self-published authors of all time. As a self-published author myself, I know the hard work and commitment that takes. Now, I’m not trying to start a book of the month club or anything but I can recommend Ringer’s latest book highly.

In Action!, Ringer notes that Goethe’s words had a great impact on his life and that he chose to modify them for his personal use to read, “Action produces genius, magic, and power.”

Like Robert Ringer, I believe that in business and in life bold action can lead to great things. For all the entrepreneurs reading this, another quote from legendary management theorist Peter Drucker comes to mind, "Wherever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision."

On the path to continued growth, you’ll forever be faced with such decisions. How you respond determines your destiny in business and in life. It’s that simple.

As a marketing consultant and copywriter my objective is to create direct-response advertising that overcomes inertia and motivates people to take action. And to take action now. That’s what my clients are looking for.

Many small business owners are also in an inert state, afraid to act because they either don’t have the proper knowledge or are frustrated because past image advertising campaigns have drained their marketing budgets with little ROI to show for it.

With the right information, differentiation strategy and proper positioning all of this can change. Often times all it takes is an open mind and an experienced consultant to help you see what’s possible. Then you can make an informed decision and take action with confidence.

Remember - nothing happens until something moves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home