Monday, March 28, 2005

Who is Ben Edwards and How Can He Help My Business?

Thanks for visiting. Here's a little about me that family, friends and clients know. At least I think they do! I obtained my marketing education at Bryant University in Smithfield, Rhode Island where I also developed a serious interest in journalism. After college, I followed the path of one of my favorite historical figures, Benjamin Franklin, and became a printer when I purchased a small commercial print shop in Connecticut with my college roommate.

Yes, I actually did work on the press, but wasn’t very good at it. Much like Ben Franklin I sought more creative pursuits like writing, and also marketing and sales. When we built and moved to a larger facility two years later, I opted to utilize my marketing education, writing and sales skills to benefit the business full time. No more ink on my hands just in my pen!

The company, Edwards Printing Services, eventually surpassed $3 million in sales and during that period I developed and acted as a consultant to several key accounts, the largest being BIC Corporation. In 1997 I started to establish clients in the Boston area including the Paul Revere House.

I’ve always had a passion for the city my Edwards ancestors called home during the American Revolution. In fact, my namesake Capt. Benjamin Edwards was 20 years old, married and living in the North End in 1706, the same year Ben Franklin was born less than a mile away!

You can find my complete bio here, along with links to special free revenue-enhancing reports and further information on the many ways I can help you grow your business.

Back to the story. A return to Boston combined with my writing and marketing abilities soon spawned a children’s book, audio book and later, a unique tour business. All created and promoted utilizing methods and resources available to my clients.

Write Marketing Group was established in early 2004 and my client base continued to expand. Edwards Printing Services was sold later that year to a competitor. Today I focus my efforts on helping small to medium-size businesses, non-profits and professional practices differentiate themselves from the competition and grow their businesses.

After business hours, you’ll find me networking, at the gym, on tour (actually “giving a historical tour” on the weekends is more accurate, although “on tour” sounds more impressive), at a coffee shop or restaurant with friends, or catching a game at Fenway Park. Yes, I’m a major Red Sox fan and have written a few articles about personal experiences at Fenway.

So, if you ever want to trade field box seats next to Ben and Matt for some marketing advice, just let me know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home